The International Hologram Manufacturers Association (IHMA), a not-for-profit organisation that represents and promotes the hologram industry worldwide, has elected a new board following its recent AGM held in Budapest.
Adam Scheer, marketing executive from US-based optical solutions provider JDSU, has been named Chairman of the IHMA board. He joins existing board members Khalid Khanani of Pakistan-based Metatex’s and Rob Levy of Holo-Source Corporation, also in the US.
Founded in 1983, the IHMA is a not-for-profit organization made up of more than 90 of the world's leading hologram companies, including leading producers and converters of holograms for banknote security, anti-counterfeiting, brand protection, packaging, graphics and other commercial applications.
The IHMA promotes holography worldwide and offers guidance and industry best practices to its members.
Member companies actively cooperate to maintain the highest professional, security and quality standards.
The move comes as the IHMA launches a new mission statement aimed at advancing the understanding, use and development of holograms and holographic technology, particularly in the authentication of products and documents, decoration and illustration, displays and display systems, energy and environmental improvements.
Adam Scheer is joined by a new representative for North America – API Holographics’ Alan Lake. Deputy representatives for North America and the EU/EFTA are still to be announced but the confirmed regional IHMA representatives are:
• Gurkiran Dhillon - Alpha Lasertek (India) – Asian representative
Search for suppliers of similar products in the
• Manoj Kochar - Holoflex (India) – deputy Asian representative
• Alan Lake – API Holographic (USA) - North American representative
• Pedro de Eguiluz Selvas - Fast Forms (Mexico) - deputy North American representative
• Simone Foine - Centro Grafico (Italy) - EU/EFTA representative
• Goran Milinovic - System Intelligence Products (Serbia) - East Europe/CIS/FSU representative
• Dmitry Paltsev - First Print Yard Holographics (Russia) - deputy East Europe/CIS/FSU representative
• U K Gupta - Holostik India Ltd - HoMAI representative (Hologram Manufacturers Association of India)
Adam Scheer said: “Innovation is flourishing in the hologram industry and it is encouraging to see new ideas being generated by both established players and companies new to the arena.
“The quality of winners at this year’s IHMA Excellence in Holography Awards also reflects this trend. Membership to the IHMA is also growing rapidly, and I am honoured to have been named its Chairman.
“During this time of growth, the IHMA remains committed more than ever to promote the interests of the hologram industry and to provide valuable support and guidance to its members.”
Email to a friend