The German-Japanese company will be presenting the high performance capability, precision and reproducibility of the all-electric SE-EV machine at the Interplast from 20 to 24 August 2012 in Joinville, Brazil by producing precision parts live at Stand No. 116 of its subsidiary, Sumitomo (SHI) Demag do Brasil, Barueri/SP.
Search for suppliers of similar products in the
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag do Brasil is presenting an SE 180 EV in Joinville with 1,800 kN clamping force which will be producing a 45 ml tumbler using a 6-cavity mould from the Brazilian manufacturing company of RK Ferramentaria. The mould has been made available by the company of Plastilandia. An integrated linear robot from Sepro Robotique will then remove the parts from the mould and place them on the conveyor belt.
Email to a friend
The SE-EV machine series
The SE-EV advanced all-electric redefines precision, energy efficiency and moulding stability with a variety of innovative features supplied as standard.
One such standard feature of the SE-EV is its Z-moulding capabilities. Z-moulding provides exceptional moulding precision with low-pressure filling and reduced clamp force. Designed to help moulders achieve zero-defect moulding and optimum machine performance, Z-moulding combines three unique systems:
• Flow Front Control (FFC) System: optimizes the flow front, further allowing control of low internal pressures inside the cavities. FFC: allows complete filling without flash; provides precision control of screw position to ensure consistent filling; and avoids overfilling, allowing gases to be released and preventing short shots.
• Minimum Clamping Moulding (MCM) System: Precision clamp force detection and feedback control capabilities determine the minimum force required at mould touch. MCM also works together with the Clamp Force Correcting System to compensate for thermal expansion of the mould. Benefits include: avoidance of burn spots and short shots, and less mould maintenance, plus lower clamp force can also reduce power consumption and improve cycle time.
• Simple Process Setting (SPS) System: Allows easy setup and operation while helping the operator avoid oversights and mistakes.
The SE-EV has also achieved up to a 20% reduction in energy use over previous all-electric models due to:
• Sumitomo-built motors with exceptionally low rotational resistance
• Decreased friction in the linear guidance system
• Decreased friction through the use of bush-less tie bars
• A new barrel design with improved heat efficiency
• And a new toggle linkage lock-up mechanism that uses no electricity to hold the clamp closed
Ensuring application flexibility, the SE-EV Series was designed with wider tie bar spacing and an improved platen support system (linear guidance) for large, complex and heavier moulds. The SE180EV also has a standard 4 x 16 inch ejector pattern.
Other new features of the SE-EV include:
• Standard injection speeds up to 500 mm/s, plus an HP model offering speeds up to 1000 mm/s
• 50% reduction in grease consumption
• High-capability, intuitive and easy-to-use controller available in 15 languages
• Standard high nozzle contact with selectable force setting
• 10% smaller footprint
Additionally, the new SL screw assembly is selectable as standard on the SE-EV Series. This innovative plasticizing system reduces shear heat, improves moulding stability, prevents burn spots and stagnation of the melt in the barrel, and allows exceptionally fast colour and/or resin change-out. So far, this all-electric machine has been available with five clamping forces ranging from 500 kN to 1,600 kN.
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag do Brasil
Interplast, 20 - 24 August 2012
Complexo Expoville (R: XV de Novembro, 4305 - Joinville SC) – Stand 116