Metabolix featured at Interpack 2014 its high performance biopolymers offering a range of innovative solutions for packaging applications.
Search for suppliers of similar products in the
Email to a friend
Metabolix polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHAs)-based biopolymer technology enables manufacturers and brand owners across the plastics and packaging industries to meet
sustainability and performance objectives.
• Mvera™ B5011: A certified compostable film grade resin that is designed as a transparent option for the compostable film and bag market. Mvera B5011 provides excellent clarity and low haze, as well as performance characteristics such as tear and puncture toughness, excellent seal strength, and a balance of strength and stiffness. Mvera B5011 combines easy processability with certified compostability to deliver unique advantages for packaging applications. • Mvera™ B5010: This film grade resin from Metabolix is designed for compostable bag and film markets across the globe. It meets international industrial standards for compostability and has been certified by Vinçotte to
meet the EN13432 standard. The resulting film has exceptional seal strength and good printability, making it an ideal option for compostable packaging.
• Developmental Grade Film: Metabolix will feature a range of developmental film grades, based on modifying PLA that maintain the naturally high biocontent of PLA while improving the flexibility and processing of the material. The resulting films provide a variety of options for any number of packaging applications.
• Performance Additive Products: Metabolix has also developed a line of biopolymer performance additives for traditional and biobased plastics, including the PVC (polyvinyl chloride) and PLA (polylactic acid) market.
• PHA Latex Coating: Metabolix’s new PHA latex product is ideal for packaging, offering tough, tack-free performance and versatile end-of-life options, being both marine and soil degradable while maintaining compatibility with repulping, the most common recycling method for paper and cardboard.
• Color Masterbatches: Metabolix biopolymer color masterbatches are highly compatible with a wide range of biopolymers, and can preserve high bio content and certifiable compostability for broad end-of-life options, including soil and marine degradability and suitability for home compost. Metabolix will display its Color masterbatches based on PHA in cooperation with AF-Color.